Publication: Privately printed, n d (ca 1899), NP
3 1/8" x 5 7/8" pictorial advertising card printed in black on cream colored paper stock. Printed on two sides. The front side details a picture of the factory and a listing of some of their pulleys. The verso provides a listing of their authorized distributors along with their addresses. The Menasha Wood Split Pulley Company was founded in 1888 by P.V. Lawson, Jr., attorney, author, politician, orator, and mayor of Menasha. His factory on Little Lake Butte des Morts at the foot of Sixth Street made wood split pulleys which were exported all over the world. The plant consisted of a main factory building, power house, machine shop, bolt factory, warehouse, dry kilns, paint shop, office, and extensive lumber yards. The factory employed 100 employees when in full operation and reportedly made 150 pulleys daily, besides other wood specialized goods to include hand truck, cogs, spools, picker sticks for woolen mills, cloth boards, paper mill trucks, elevators, trunk slats, and screen doors. Lawson was mayor from 1886-1889 and would serve additional terms in 1893 and 1896. Very good copy.
Inventory Number: 40247