First edition. Fort Hall was built in 1834 as a fur trading post on the Snake River in eastern Oregon county, part of present-day southeastern Idaho. Three years later it was purchased by Hudson's Bay Company. Occupying a prime location only 50 miles northeast of the point where the Oregon-California Trail forked to Oregon and California, Fort Hall in 1842-43 became a major way station and supply point for emigrants and travelers. Near fine copy in the very scarce dust jacket with minor wear to the spine ends and corners.
Inventory Number: 43012