Publication: James Campbell, 1866, Toronto
5 7/8" x 3 3/4" in red pictorial wrappers, housed in the original 5 7/8" x 3 7/8" turquoise-colored box with cameo of the falls on front, 64 pp., illustrations, index, introduction. Information on the cast iron bridge over the rapids, the Ferry House, Table Rock, Horse-Shoe Falls, Prospect House, The Three Sisters, Clifton House, Bath Island, Luna Island, Goat Island, Biddle's Stairs, Terrapin Tower, Francis Abbot, Head of Goat Island, Niagara in winter, The Devil's Hole, Brock's Monument, the Niagara River above the falls, the geology of Niagara, poems, and 2-page description of a visit of the Prince of Wales to Niagara in September, 1860. Views include: Suspension Bridge and Rapids Above the Falls, Niagara Falls from Point Prospect, Table Rock, Hose-Shoe Falls, Three Sister and Goat Island from Canada Side, American Falls, Niagara River Below the Falls, Terrapin Tower and Horse-Shoe Falls From Goat Island, Niagara in Winter from Canada Side, Niagara Suspension Bridge, Whirlpool Near Niagara, and Niagara River Looking Toward Lake Ontario. Booklet wrappers are worn, soiled and creased and spine is chipped. Housing box is worn and with splitting at edges and spine along with soiling. Good. A very interesting early tourist guide book.
Inventory Number: 40355